Table of Contents
1. What are the different options of ACL surgeries available? Which one you recommend for me?
A. Primary ACL repair
This procedure is suitable for
– ACL avulsion injuries.
– Sub synovial stretch injuries.
– Partial tears of ACL.
– Pediatric patients.
B. ACL Augmentation
ACL has 2 bundles, anteromedial bundle and posterolateral bundle. This procedure is done when only one bundle is torn and other is intact. Procedure is done arthroscopically using one hamstring graft. We recommend FiberTape augmentation with hamstring graft.
C. ACL Reconstruction
This is also an arthroscopic procedure, here ACL is reconstructed using
hamstring graft (most commonly used). There are plenty of methods in ACL reconstruction.
But we recommend ALL inside ACL reconstruction with FiberTape internal bracing using
single hamstring graft.
Advantages of ALL inside ACL reconstruction with FiberTape internal bracing
– Very minimal post-operative pain.
– post-operative knee bending – 90 degrees first day.
– Excellent stability if knee.
– Fast return to sports activity.
– Confidence level was achieved very early.
2. When will the physiotherapy process start?
3. When can I to return to my work?
4. Am I a good candidate for ACL reconstruction?
Recommended :- Common Reasons for Sports Injuries